Open it up for Discussion. 100yi is handing out it’s first half awards and including second half predictions. As a bonus we will predict the finish of the regular season and playoff participants. We will save the actual “winner of the whole lot” for September.
First Half NL Awards
- MVP – Chase Utley – Really it is Berkman, but since the Astros are going nowhere we couldnt…could we/.
- CY – Tim Lincecum – Do I really need to explain myself?
- ROY – Geovany Soto – Not going to be a homer…Soto is a stud…you tell me who is better!
- MOY – Tony La Russa – Suprise of the NL…Is he really managing the THIRD best team in the NL
AL First Half Awards
- MVP – Josh Hamilton – Could just as easily be Ian Kinsler
- CY – Cliff Lee – First Half….probably wont last though.
- ROY – Evan Longoria – Is anyone else even close?
- MOY – Joe Maddon – The Rays….enough said
Will things change by the end of the year?
Final NL Awards
- MVP – Albert Pujols – No Clearcut candidates will emerge – so it will come down to VALUE as the cards will be in the hunt for the WC until the very end.
- CY – Tim Lincecum
- ROY – Geovany Soto
- MOY – Lou Piniella – Getting the Cubs back to the Playoffs has been undoable in back to back years
Final AL Awards
- MVP – Josh Hamilton –
- CY – Mariano Rivera – Lee will come back down to earth /Lifetime acheivement award for Mo
- ROY – Evan Longoria
- MOY – Joe Girardi – All of the injuries and a big second half run will make NYY forget about Torre
Final NL Predictions
East – Philadelphia Phillies
Central – Chicago Cubs
West – Los Angeles Dodgers
Wild Card – Milwaukee Brewers
Final AL Predictions
East – Boston Red Sox
Central – Detroit Tigers (CWS Arent as Good as their Record)
West – Los Angeles Angels
Wild Card – New York Yankees